What To Do When A Child Gets Poisoning From Ingesting Toxic Substances?

If a child has ingested a toxic substance and is showing symptoms of poisoning, it is important to take immediate action. Here are the steps to take:

  1. Call poison control immediately at 999 (UK) or the equivalent in your country. They will provide guidance on what to do next.

  2. If the child is unconscious or having seizures, call 999 or your local emergency services right away.

  3. If the child is awake and alert, try to identify the substance that was ingested, and have the container or packaging available for reference.

  4. Do not induce vomiting unless instructed to do so by poison control or a medical professional.

  5. Follow any additional instructions provided by poison control or emergency services.

It is important to keep in mind that poison control centers are staffed by experts who can provide lifesaving guidance and that you should always call them immediately in case of suspected poisoning.

Share: